Sunday 6 July 2014

Extended Weekend Adventures!

Hey everyone!

So I just wanna start off by saying that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 4(?) days of my life because they've just been crazy fun (some parts not so crazy fun, but nonetheless fun!) My weekends never seem to end at the moment, but for the purpose of this post it's about my 'weekend' starting from Thursday and ending Sunday.

Thursday 
My weekend didn't really start until Thursday night as I had my babysitting duties to tend to that day. That job comes with mixed emotions- ranging from wow I love kids they're cute and we get to play games all day, to holy crap I can not stand this anymore. Anyway, the fun started when I got home because I finally got to see some of my beautiful friends that I never get the chance to hang out with anymore! 

We went to the local leagues club for dinner (chicken snitzels and chips for all!) then had a couple (some of us stayed on a couple of drinks) and sat around talking, laughing and enjoying the open mic night. Several highlights include the old man who yodelled on stage, my friend getting up and giving the open mic a go singing a Beatles song and probably just the overall company we enjoyed together that night. 

In my busy state of having fun I didn't even take any photos whilst we were out (I've made it a mission to take photos when I'm having fun), however I did get to take a slightly tipsy selfie once I got back to my boyfriends place. Another great thing about that night was the fact I got to stay at my boyfriends place :-)

always a pouting selfie
Friday
Earliest start I've had all holidays. Woke up at 6:30am to go to work for the day. My weekend was put on pause for an extremely long 8 hours. All I know is that after this shift at work (in a warehouse for the day, not my usual work) my body was tired from physical labour. After that exhausting day, even though it doesn't amount to anything near difficult, I had to let my boyfriend know how proud I was that he does such a physically demanding job everyday. 

Friday night was party night! One of my friends (a girl from the group that I didn't get to see the night before) hosted a party. Once again, I had such an amazing night I don't know where to start.

There was drinking games, alcohol, dancing, alcohol, music, alcohol, good chats with old friends and more alcohol. It was a freezing cold night and the party started outside, but quickly migrated to the warmth that indoors brought. At least it made it easier for us to dance and have a good time. 

There were just so many photos taken this night and I deleted over 200 photos because my boyfriend always loves to spam people's phones at party's. I tried to choose some of my top favourites to add to this blog post. Girls that are in these photos, don't worry I made sure they weren't awful of you, even if they were of me. I still love them all though because of the good memories I'm going to have from them. 
I love these girls!


she is always so beautiful (I'm on the left aka the one who can't take a nice photo)

this is probably my favourite picture from the night. group selfies are always good fun


We all ended up staying the night at my friend's house and her lovely mother even got us all McDonald's breakfast the next morning. I would have happily eaten cold pizza, but hey it's all good (well bad) food. I helped clean up the mess of red cups and empty bottles before my boyfriend and I left to go home and start the adventures of the day. 

favourite photo of my boyfriend and I at the party- not sure why, it just it
Saturday
After we cleaned and ate, my boyfriend and I left to go home to shower, eat and then go shopping. Whenever he gets to choose what we do, it always involves going to look at cars or motorbikes because (asides from me obviously) they are his favourite things. We picked up a plastics kit for his motorbike and went to look at Ute's that he wanted to buy. I think he would be proud of me for knowing these things because I never seem to know anything about what my boyfriend likes. 

We then went to El Jannah (for those who don't know, it is basically just Charcoal chicken, bread, chips and garlic sauce but it is essentially the greatest creation ever) and got it takeaway to eat at home and watch Die Hard. Of course in typical fashion, we ate and put our pyjamas on and got so comfortable we fell asleep watching the movie. We both woke up five hours later, in the dark, confused as hell before laughing about what happened. We ate dinner, talked with my family before watching more movies and falling asleep again.

the greatest food ever
Overall, Saturday wasn't too eventful but after a full on two days it was exactly what my boyfriend and I needed. I enjoy his company and he enjoys mine. 

Sunday
After a long sleep-in, in typical Sunday fashion, I woke up and cooked a big breakfast of hot chocolates and egg and hashbrown rolls for my boyfriend and I, while we say around and watched The Simpsons. These lazy Sunday mornings are probably one of my favourite parts of my weekend time with my boyfriend because they are so simple, yet perfect. 

After lazing around for half the day, we ended up going shopping to finally get my boyfriend a new phone because his old one was smashed to pieces. Also we went shopping for clothes for him as he is just growing out of everything and needs my "help" and opinion on anything he buys. I think if he had it his way he would just get me to do everything for him. 

After the late afternoon shopping we had either what I would call an extremely late lunch, or a very early dinner at a hotel near the shopping centre. Once again, chicken snitzel and hot chips were exactly what we ordered. I found it comical that when we went to the bar to order cokes to drink, we had to present our ID's (I know you have to do this when ordering from a bar) but the way the bartender studied our ID's for a good 40 seconds each was just strange. We weren't even trying to order alcohol, but anyway I know it comes with looking 15 years old. 

we love us some good chicken snitzels
After a day out we came home to unwind and I (of course) had to set up my boyfriends new phone for him. We watched Despicable Me 2, like the children we are and just unwound after a busy few days. I like laying around with him even if we are doing nothing. It's comforting having someone next to you. I like doing nothing sometimes, but I love doing nothing with somebody even more. 

forever taking photos together
So anyway, thank you all for reading (if you managed to stay that long) and I'm sorry if my posts are a tad too ramble/ about nothing essentially. 
♡ Stelle


No comments:

Post a Comment