Wednesday 30 July 2014

Living with my Boyfriend

Hey everyone!

So for those of you who don't know, I'm 18 years old and have been in a serious relationship for nearly four years (well as serious as it could have been for two 15 year olds anyway). His name is Kieran and it took me nearly 2 years to notice that we have the same initials (KM). My boyfriend and I are the same age and he works full time, I am a full time student and work part time. We both live at home with our parents and we hope that in the near future we will be able to get a place of our own (not for a few years though). 

So now you know a little more about us, the point of this 'series' of posts is to document my experience living with my boyfriend while his family are on an overseas holidays- he got left behind (not really he just couldn't get time off work to go). I'm living with him for 10 days, starting today and I'm genuinely curious if we are going to come out of this alive, because even though we spend a lot of our time together we drive each other crazy and I'm pretty sure there are times I wouldn't mind stabbing myself in the eyeball because he is that annoying and I know the feelings can be quite mutual. 

Living together is a very serious and 'grown up' step in a relationship, especially because you have to do everything for yourself. The closest we have ever come to that, is going away for a long weekend. Doing the dishes and cooking every meal is annoying enough, I'm curious whether we could survive it any longer. I'll post each day (hopefully I will be able to) and I hope you all have a good read (and probably a good laugh). 

Day 1

  • Had to wake up at 6:30am to follow Kieran to the mechanic to get his car fixed (not clear on the details exactly because honestly I don't know a thing about cars, that's his area of expertise) 
  • Took Kieran to work from the mechanics
  • Realised it was only 8am and I had nothing to do and was hungry so I went and got McDonalds breakfast ($3 bacon and egg mcmuffin with a hash brown anyone??)
  • Got home (to my house) and went back to bed for a couple of hours. I went to my house because honestly his house is so boring with nobody home. HE DOESN'T HAVE WIFI and being alone all day honestly what the hell was I going to do???
  • I cleaned my own bedroom and started writing blog posts (none of which I have published because they are all half written), played that stupid Kim Kardashian game (why am I still playing it? I made the A list and isn't that the point of the game?)
  • Basically wasted the day away doing nothing
  • Got to 4:20pm, went to the post office to pick up my package (yay for swimwear) and then drove to pick Kieran up from work
  • More driving around, again to the mechanic so he could pick up his car
  • Then I had to go grocery shopping to get a few ingredients for dinner
  • Cooked chicken, potato bake and made a salad for our dinner
  • My turn to go to work now (at 7pm) while my boyfriend gets to stay home and watch TV and play games on his phone.
  • He texted me that he was bored so I suggested that he come and visit me at work, he said nah he couldn't be bothered
  • Asked him if he cleaned up anything from dinner, the answer was no
  • Now I'm home from work (writing this post) but I didn't even stay over at his to sleep because I'd just have to wake up early like today to get him ready for work, like he is a child incapable of anything. He is capable he is just so used to everyone doing stuff for him. I do things for him because it frustrates me watching him 'struggle' to do simple tasks like butter bread. I think he does this on purpose though, because he knows I'll just do it for him. 
First day and no, I'm not sick of him, but I also didn't sleepover and I worked, so we didn't have much time together. I won't see him until tomorrow after he finishes work, but I will write about tomorrow, well tomorrow after it happens. 

Today was standard, apart from me driving him around for work and his car, as well as cooking him dinner (well I do that sometimes) and me asking if he cleaned anything. 

Until tomorrow, 
Thanks for reading
 Stelle

No comments:

Post a Comment