Wednesday 29 April 2015

Friendship

I can't even explain how important friendship is to me, but I am going to use this blog post and the next 20 minutes of my evening before bed to do the best that I can. 

Today, while working, I had a lot of time to think and basically just reflect upon life. My job obviously doesn't require using my brain (normally I use this time to either a) stress over uni work or b) actually make plans in my head of what I want and what I need to do). But today I gave that a break.

I'm the kind of person who is quite content being alone for a while. There's nothing I love more than reading a good book in bed, watching some TV or even going to the beach by myself (call me weird but I find it relaxing to lay in the sun, go for a swim and drive by myself). It relaxes me and I need my 'me time'. But lately, I have realised that instead of trying to be so independent and alone all the time (don't get me wrong, being independent is a good thing) I need to keep in mind that my friendships are important. And you need those people in your life. 

Quite often I just get into moods and complain that I don't have any good friends but I've realised just how wrong I am. I was just looking in the wrong places and focusing on the wrong people. Too many negative vibes there to last me a lifetime. 

I have (and always will) my bestfriend (and boyfriend) Kieran. But I've come to realise recently just how many other kind, caring and beautiful people I do in fact have in my life. Those people who will text you to check up on you and wish you're having a nice day. The people who do make time to see you and want to do fun things together. The ones who you can talk to about anything and everything and there is never an awkward moment. Some of them may even be reading this post. And if they are I really hope you beautiful souls realise I am talking about you and that I really do appreciate you for being in my life (not matter how little or how long you've been in it). 

Focus on keeping the people who will keep it real with you around. Forget about the people who forget about you. It's what I am trying to do. I hope it works. 

I know I am not alone in having spent too many days and nights alone sad because my 'friends' didn't want to hang out with me. It's been a hard lesson and sometimes it is hard to let go and move on from people who you thought you were going to be friends with forever, but people change. Life changes. 

Positive vibes, love and happiness to all and thank you for reading my post about friendship.
Kristelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment