Thursday 7 May 2015

Happiness

Happiness means a lot of different things, to a lot of different people. I have spent too much of my life worrying about things and focussing on all the wrong things. I used to think it took a lot to make me happy (and it used to). 

In recent years, I have changed as a person in many ways. I'm not even sure how to explain how I have changed. I think I just grew up. I got rid of a lot of negative energy I had in my life and I now try to focus on the lighter side of life. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me about this. But this is how I see myself. 

I believe in karma and the power of positive thinking. There is too much sadness, stress and cruelty in the world without me adding to it. 

Now, all it takes for me to see happiness in the world are small things. 

Like sitting out on the balcony at the bar in my university, looking out onto the beautiful campus on a sunny day. This is what I am doing right now and what inspired me to write this post. 

Listening to a song that makes me feel good things. Also currently doing this. 

Seeing my boyfriend smile. (Wish I could see this right now).

Doing something good to help my mum out and hearing the gratitude in her voice.

Watching the sunset. 

Hearing a child's laugh.

Bird's chirping.

Getting a good grade when you put in a bit of extra effort. 

Being acknowledged when you do a good job at work. 

Making a new friend when you didn't expect it. 

Sharing your thoughts and happiness and good vibes with others. (This without a doubt always makes me happy. There's just something about it, I can't explain it). 

There is so much to be happy about in life. I think a lot of us just need to open our eyes and learn to love and appreciate the smaller things in life. 

Anyway, thank you all for reading my ramble post about what makes me happy. I will post again soon.
Kristelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment