Sunday 10 May 2015

Week 1 Update

Hey everyone! So as I promised in my last post about health and fitness (which for all of those who don't know what I am talking about, it can be read here) I am going to be writing weekly blog updates about how I am going with the BBG (Bikini Body Guides).

Week 1, like anything, is when I feel you have the most motivation. You've started something new, so you want to stick to it. I don't think I know of many people who swear by something and then give up in the first week. I may be wrong, but then again I am not one of those people. I usually like to give something a bit more of a chance before I quit (not this though, I swear I will stick it out). 

Sunday
My start day. It might be weird to a lot of people because they think their weeks start on Monday. But this is the day that I made my fitness post and I already spoke about this day so I will briefly recap.

I did 45 minutes of LISS (I walked a moderate rate) and I did not eat one piece of junk food. I had a roast dinner with lots of veggies so I felt really good about myself.

Monday
I woke up early today. Today I decided I would give the legs and cardio Week 1 workout a hit again. I completed it. Sweaty, muscles aching, sore. I know it was worth it. 

I ate relatively well all day also. Oats and fruit for breakfast. Yoghurt, muesli and fruit while I was at  uni. A toasted sandwich with cheese ham and tomato when I got home. I drink so much water during the day so I suppose that's always a good thing. Also for dinner I had an amazing salad, couscous and a piece of salmon. 

Tuesday
Woke up not feeling to well today. I had a chicken snitzel and sweet potato roll for lunch and tacos for dinner. I spent the day doing groceries, cooking and cleaning the house. I got in about 40 minutes of LISS today which is what I wanted. It wasn't a good day, I spent most of it feeling pretty crappy. I also ate a banana and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream for dessert. 

Wednesday
Woke up today feeling even crappier. I haven't been able to sleep very well the last week which is annoying because I know it impacts on how well my body functions and how efficient my exercising is.

I ate tomato, eggs, salad of greens and a piece of Lebanese bread for lunch. For dinner I ate steak and veggies. I also had some corn chips after dinner because for some reason I was still hungry. 

I didn't get to my arms & abs workout today, but I swear I will try tomorrow. Instead today I spent about 2 and a half hours mowing the yard. Due to all the rain recently and then the sunny days, the grass grows uncontrollably fast. Plus, when the ground is wet you can't mow. So I think mowing my backyard and front yard totally counts as a workout for the day because my arms and legs were so sore the next day.

Thursday
Another uni day. I almost didn't even get out of bed this morning. I didn't have much of an appetite this day either. I completed about 30 minutes of LISS when I got home from uni (I would've kept going but it was dark and I don't feel very comfortable being outside at night in my area haha). 

I ate a salad roll for lunch, some fruit for a snack and mango chicken and rice for dinner. 

Friday
Almost the end of the week. Today was pretty average. I got in my arms and abs workout during the day. I can't even remember anything about what I ate during the day, but oh well.

I worked from 4pm-12am today so that was my night gone. I ate butter chicken for dinner and pineapple as a snack later. I feel like I get a lot of exercise in during my shifts at work because all I do is continuously walk around the very large store.

Saturday
I had to wake up early today because once again I had work. Work means more exercise walking around for 7 hours. I ate a 'healthy' burger for lunch. I didn't get any real workout in today which was sad and I ended up eating a cheeseburger meal for dinner. Oops.

So this pretty much quickly sums up my first week back at the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guides. It was a pretty good week for me. Obviously I am not going to be 100% perfect with my workouts and with my eating habits but I believe in the end I will get there. Each week I want to improve. But at the same time I also want to still live my life how I would before. I don't want to sacrifice too many things I love, I just want to incorporate the healthy lifestyle into what I currently know.

To date I have lost 5kg and I don't have any plans to lose anymore weight. All I want to improve on is what I see in the mirror.

Thanks for reading,
Kristelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment