Friday 23 January 2015

Champagne and dinner dates

I've started to find that the older I get, the more my tastes have been changing. I enjoy different foods, different drinks, different peoples company, different music and doing different things. My priorities have changed drastically and I am becoming the person I want to be. I feel bad about myself when I sit around wasting an entire day doing nothing when there is so much out there for me to experience or simply because I could be doing so many more useful things (aka working my little butt off). 

From level 13 on the carpark rooftop Manly looks beautiful at sunset (let's face it, it's beautiful anyway)
I remember the days when the most fun I could have was running around outside with my friends, having a sleepover was a big deal and it was super cool if we could go to the shopping centre. Now I'm just old and meet friends for coffee dates in between all of our crazy schedules. Oh and I spend like 95% of my free time at some beach.

Gourmet burgers and fries for dinner
I did have a super cute dinner/crazy adventure with some friends the other night. It started with us aiming for a dinner in Bondi by the water. Somehow (this always happens to me) I took a wrong turn in the city and ended up crossing the Harbour Bridge. Avoiding tolls, I continued driving and decided Manly was a better fit (funny because they are on opposite sides of the city). We ate gourmet burgers for dinner because it was pretty much the only thing we could all decide on between having a 'wanna-be healthy gal' (me), vegetarian (Maddie), 'meat-only-no-salad-what-so-ever guy' (Kieran) and probably the only normal one (Dani). It was a great meal, more talking done by me than eating (but what else is new??) We were sitting on the beach when we decided it was a good time to go clubbing, so we set off home to head for a local place.

We were all disappointed when it was dead on a Saturday night (c'mon people??) I was the designated driver (see here, I am limiting my alcohol #proud) but we all had a good night. Driving my tipsy friends home and having our singing sessions in the car is worth it.


Special occasions I am allowed to drink (I tell myself that anyway- it's okay to celebrate and still be healthy??). My boyfriend's cousin, turned 18 and we celebrated at the country club. This is part of my whole 'getting older having different tastes'. I ate fancy finger foods and drank champagne and white whine. Encouraged the birthday boy to be irresponsible (I am actually a good role model and peer pressure is bad I swear). But we had a good day. Fell asleep super early that night because day drinking + super hot days = instant energy drainer. Once again I am lucky to have such amazing people in my life. 

Thanks for reading
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment