Wednesday 16 September 2015

Snow adventures (in Australia)

Here it is, one of the posts that I have been the most excited to write: all about my snow trip 2015 with my boyfriend. I live in Australia (for those of you who don't know that already) and I stayed in Jindabyne- which is a town in NSW near the snow and I snowboarded at Perisher (one of the few places in NSW you can ski at).

I love going to the snow and it is the only time I will ever put up with the cold (I usually hate the cold as I am a beach lover and Summer is by far my favourite season). But I think the reason that I love the snow so much is because it is something different that I really do not get the opportunity to experience very often (well obviously I live in Australia and not that far from the beach and it just feels like it's always hot here- and even when it's not hot it is nowhere near cold enough for it to ever snow where I live).

So, anyway, back to the snow. I usually go every year, but I didn't go last year and I missed it terribly. I thought it would be a funky idea (does anyone even say funky anymore??) to plan a snow trip with Kieran this year and call it our 'present' to each other for our anniversary. This year will be 5 years together and it seemed like something different we could do. That and we were both dying to go.

So we (and by we I mean I planned it), packed our bags and headed off to the snow. I am the biggest wimp honestly when it comes to risk taking. I'm so scared of getting hurt and sometimes it takes me a little while to get out of my shell and jump out of my comfort zone. This time was really no different, with the first half of my snowboarding day having quite a few tears shed and several tantrums (sorry Kieran lol). But once I got over the fear (and that really is what holds me back but I can't help it) I had the most amazing time. It was beautiful sunny Spring weather, snow was awesome (and there was plenty of it) and there was so much to do. 

I will admit, the bottom half of my body and my arms are still aching now a couple of days later. I was not prepared for all the falling I would do and all of the muscles I would exercise in those couple of days. Ouch. That pretty much sums it all up.

I thought I would share some of the photos of our trip, each photo captures a memory and I am still so happy we got to do this together.
The start of our road trip (before we got lost like 3 times lol) 
Most amazing pretzel/nutella/chocolate filled milkshake from Patissez in Canberra 
First day of snowboarding at Perisher- it was so beautiful out there 
Chairlift selfie
I built a snowman (with a very weirdly shaped head) 
On the last day of snowboarding we got our pictures taken (and it was also really warm- considering he isn't wearing a jacket)

Thanks for reading guys and girls,
Kristelle xx

Instagram: @krristelley

No comments:

Post a Comment