Sunday 15 November 2015

Summer Vibes

Every time it crosses my mind to jump onto my laptop and make a blog post, I sound like a broken record. Starting everything off the same with "well, it's been a while since I made a post...". You all can't see me, but I am shaking my head and rolling my eyes at myself thinking "wow, aren't I clever? What a good way to start the post. Yep I will actually blog more often now".

Truthfully, I know I probably won't. As much as I love to write here and share my thoughts, feelings, views and opinions on life (well pretty much anything), I figure I just don't have that much going on that I know would even be remotely interesting to some people. 

Instead I'm just going to tell everyone what I am excited for this Summer and what I am thankful for right now. 

Bali holiday- 
Less than 6 weeks. First overseas holiday without my fam and first overseas holiday in almost 10 years. Pretty keen to say the least

Finishing uni sem- 
Should be first, but oh well. Done on Friday (not looking forward to the release of marks though. I've gotten lazy. Stopped trying as hard. I am disappointed in myself, but I still have another 3(?) semesters to try and make myself proud again

The mountain of books I have to read-
I recently went on a crazy shopping spree, to buy books of course. Titles I have planned to read this Summer include some new editions and some old favourites. I'll share my list and I want to write something about each book once I've read it. No promises though. Who knows if I'll even make it through half this list, but I'll try. 
  1. The Truth About Forever- Sarah Dessen (oldie)
  2. An Abundance of Katherines- John Green (oldie, wasn't a fan but I will give it another chance)
  3. Dracula- Bram Stoker (oldie but honestly never finished the thing)
  4. The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold (oldie, needs another read)
  5. Looking For Alaska- John Green (oldie, probably one of my favourite books of all time)
  6. Paradise- Simone Elkeles (oldie and newbie- 2 books part of a series, read the first and haven't read the second)
  7. The Marriage Plot- Jeffrey Eugenides (newbie)
  8. Perfect Chemistry- Simone Elkeles (newbie)
  9. The Opposite of Loneliness- Marina Keegan (newbie)
  10. The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath (newbie, always wanted to read this, not sure why though)
  11. The Beginning of Everything- Robyn Scheneider (newbie)
  12. The Virgin Suicides- Jeffery Eugenides (newbie)
  13. The Power of Now- Eckhart Tolle (newbie)
  14. The Pact- Jodie Picoult (oldie)
  15. The Catcher in the Rye- J.D Salinger (oldie)
Beach days-
My ultimate favourite thing about Summer. The beach is my home and I am looking forward to being out there as much as I possibly can (wearing my SPF50+ sunscreen of course because I would like to avoid that sun damage if I can)

Creating my bucket list-
Last year was ridiculous, I barely got anything done on my bucket list, but hey let's try again. I'll have this post up by the end of November

That's honestly all I have in my mind right now of what I have to be excited for.

I am thankful that I am happy and healthy. 
I am thankful that I have beautiful friends whom I get to share my happiness with.
I am thankful for my family and all they do for me.
I am thankful for the amazing soul I get to call my boyfriend and whom I get to share all of life's crazy adventures with. 
I am thankful that I get to wake up each day knowing that I have a bright future and it is whatever I make of it. 
I am thankful that I have opportunities and they are endless. 
Lastly, I am thankful that in this crazy, messed up world I am finally figuring out who I am, what I want and how to get it. 

Cheesy as this is, let's end with a very spiritual quote, "Life's a climb, but the view is great". Pretty much sums up my take on life. 

Thanks for reading, next post real soon (I actually promise this- I'm probably writing it write now and saving for later).
Kristelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment