Sunday 27 December 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

Just want to start off with wishing all my lovely readers out there a Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a beautiful day however you spent it.

For me, Christmas is all about the enjoying the good food, good company and having a few (or more) drinks. This year I spent Christmas with my family and my boyfriend.

I was a little chef and helped my mum prepare a heap of the dishes as this year was our year to host. We had way too much food, but then again I guess that’s how it is supposed to be.

We had a beautiful lunch including salads, ham, pork, turkey, chicken and baked veggies.

This year our regular old Kris Kringle was changed around a bit and it only involved the kids. I dressed up as Santa (but shh if anyone asks Santa wasn’t me and I was just going to the bathroom the whole time) and gave all the kids presents out. I really don’t know who had more fun with this- me or the kids who didn’t know it was me under the fake beard and Santa suit.

Dessert came after presents and I always say this is my favourite part of the day- but let’s be real, everything I’m writing about I will always say “this is my favourite part” (I think I secretly just love Christmas). We had a beautiful selection of fresh fruits, cheesecake, trifle and pastries. I was in heaven (literally). To me Christmas is the one day a year that you can eat like crazy without feeling a single shred of guilt or shame (that’s what New Year’s resolutions are for).

The night ended with some cheese platters and alcoholic drinks whilst we sat around watching my youngest cousin dance to some house music (my boyfriend was a good dance teacher- or was it the other way around?). After the family all went home, the usual group of us watched American Pie and played the Christmas Drinking Game (place a Santa hat in the corner of the screen and every time someone ‘wears it’ you have to take a drink.

I’ll end this blog post with a couple of photos from the day. All up I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas (or just a wonderful day in case you don’t celebrate).

And a special shout out to all retail/hospitality/food industry workers that had to put in a lot of time and effort, blood, sweat and tears in the month leading up to Christmas that allowed everyone to have such wonderful days. You guys (and gals) are the real MVP’s.

Follow my Bali adventure (which I leave for on the 27th of December) on my Instagram and snapchat accounts:
Instagram: @krristelley
Snapchat: @krristelley

Thanks for reading and until my next post,

Kristelle xx

(side note: I am posting these in Bali and my wifi connection isn't strong enough at the moment to be sending myself pictures to my laptop so I will edit those in later)

No comments:

Post a Comment