Friday 1 August 2014

Living Together and Sharing?

Hey everyone,

So I've lived through day two and day three (today) of 'living with my boyfriend'. Still not really able to spend an excessive amount of time with my boyfriend because he works full time. But I think that's a good thing. He works in the day and I do my own thing (whether it be see friends or soon to be university again etc.) then we hang out at night together and on the weekends (apart from when I have to work). We do everything together which is something I love.

Day 2
I did my own thing all day while Kieran was working, I didn't really accomplish much during the day except for showering (which is pretty impressive I must say) and then giving myself half a spray tan. Half way through my spray tan I realised I can't spray tan the back of my body. Shocking discovery made by myself, only after I'd done my legs and stomach (oh well I can't see my back).

It was one of my bestfriend's birthday today (she turned 19 so shoutout to you hehe) and she was having a bunch of friends together at the local leagues club for drinks in the night around 8pm. Kieran and I both knew I didn't feel like cooking and he clearly wasn't going to cook so we made a plan to go to the leagues club earlier together and have dinner and then meet my friends for drinks. Of course this plan didn't happen. Kieran had to work late (he normally finished just after 4pm and he ended up working until about 8:15pm) so I just went and met up with my friends and then he came and met up with us later. 

We all had a really good night, talking and laughing and drinking (obviously). Birthday girl kept trying to buy a round of drinks but c'mon, everyone knows you aren't meant to shout drinks on your birthday. As it was a Thursday night, it was open mic night at the leagues club but unfortunately no one could be tricked into getting up and singing this time. One of the girls did however organise for a special happy birthday (sung Marilyn Monroe style) to be sung with a shoutout to our birthday girl. It was pretty impressive even though he sung extremely sexually we got a good laugh out of it trying to embarrass the birthday girl a bit. 

Birthday drinks for Renee's 19th! (Amy left, me middle and Renee right)

We all had a really good night, enjoyed several rounds of cocktails because we were living on the fancier side of life (cosmopolitans and long island ice teas anyone?) and my poor boyfriend drank coke because he was designated driver this time. 


After all this was over, Kieran took my drunken butt home. Now the concept I want to touch on for this night together (at home) is sharing. I know in my mind that sharing is the proper thing to do (and I do share) but for some weird reason, I REALLY HATE SHARING! I feel like this is the first child problem (Kieran and I are both the older siblings) and even though we share everything, I can honestly say neither of us are overly thrilled at the thought of sharing with each other all the time. Some very good examples of this are:

  • He doesn't want to share his bed (his space) with me- I sleep there (probably in the most annoying way) anyway
  • Neither of us are too keen on sharing our food- we eat off each other's plates and steal each other's food (and I always drink his drink when we go out to lunch/dinner oops)
  • I hate "sharing" my personal space- he will basically sit on top of me on the couch anyway
Those are some of the top things I know we hate about sharing. But I suppose they really do mean that sharing is caring? I've even had to borrow his toothbrush because I forgot mine and he didn't have a spare (I think that's pretty gross, but hey I had to brush my teeth somehow and it was funny hearing him say it was 'so yuck').

Day 3
We had to wake up early (6:30am) because it is only Friday and my lovely boyfriend had to go to work. Now let me just say, I am not a morning person. Waking up is the worst thing to happen to me everyday (so I suppose I'm pretty lucky that's the worst I go through on a daily basis). We got up and got ready for the day (me dressing in last nights clothes because my handbag was left in my car back at the leagues club that I was clearly very incapable of driving home the previous night) and him showering and getting ready for work. 

Another thing I noticed I actually find incredibly annoying about living with him. Well two things actually. The first is that he doesn't close the door when he goes to the toilet. So freaking annoying I can not stress this enough. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but like is it that complicated to close the door? The second thing is that if I'm in the bathroom (whether I'm using the toilet, showering, brushing my teeth or just any bathroom activity) he will walk right in and do what he needs to do. If I'm in the shower, please don't come in and use the toilet. Bathroom time is my alone time and he ruins it (it's funny writing this down but it is just so so true).

After we got ready for the morning, we went to get a lovely Maccas breakfast (second day in a row for me oops) and then quickly ate together before I returned to my car and he headed off to work. I came home and actually got ready for my day then eventually made my way to the shops to buy a bunch of stuff. Finally got around to getting my 'back to uni' supplies, more spray tan (no I will not give it up now, I'm finally tanning again), presents for previously mentioned birthday girl and food for dinner. 

I watched Teen Mom 2 and Pretty Little Liars when I got home and now I'm chilling writing this post waiting for my boyfriend to finish work. It's about 6pm and of course he is working late again. The plan tonight is for me to cook us steak, bacon and egg sandwiches when he gets home and have a movie night in bed. I know he will be tired (which means he won't watch more than 40 minutes of the movie anyway). 

So that was the last two days on living with my boyfriend and when I come to write these posts I actually realise we might actually be pretty boring (to other people) because we don't do overly much. Anyway we have fun so who cares?

Thanks for reading!
♡ Stelle

No comments:

Post a Comment