Thursday 13 August 2015

Semester Two, Let's Go

Semester 2 is well on it's way now. It's like every single time I go on uni breaks and then it's time to go back to uni, I forget how much work there really is and how fast time goes (all my fellow uni/college students out there I am positive you can agree with me on this one).

It's already the third week (well my week is over because I only need to attend uni on Tuesday's and Wednesday's) and I thought I would share a little bit about how I feel this semester is already going (classes, timetable, friends and free time).

So for those of you who are new to my blog or just perhaps have forgotten since the last time I spoke about uni, I study Commerce and I am majoring in Marketing and Human Resources. (The most interesting/deepest question I have ever really gotten about this revolved around why I actually want to do this. If I can ever come up with an answer better than I'm interested in it/I'm good at it/ plenty of job opportunities I will definitely make a post about that. But for now...)

This semester I am taking two core units relating to my Human Resources major (I have finished all of the marketing components until third year classes) and two electives (needed to fill up the credit points to earn my degree).

This semester I am taking:
- Introduction to Global Business (elective)
- Organisational Behaviour (core HR unit)
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management (elective)
- Human Resource Management- Recruitment and Selection (my online class which is a core HR unit- surprise!)

So far I think i am liking my online class the most (just kidding, but I find it the most convenient because I do the work at my own pace, which surprisingly I have been going week to week with as a regular unit). Least favourite is global business. Probably because I don't really have any previous knowledge on the subject and I feel really pressured to do well and learn all of the concepts. I will manage though, the downfall again is a lot of group work. 

Timetables are always so stressful for me. If I want a good timetable, I panic so much trying to make one and then I feel like I can never get it just right. I attend uni Tuesday mornings 9am-12pm and Wednesday mornings 10am-1pm. This isn't including the two lectures I can;t attend because they are at crappy times (4pm Thursday and 8am Friday [yeah right]).But I have it pretty good. 

One of my favourite things about a new semester at university and just being at uni in general is the opportunity to make new friends. This is the time that I really wish I wasn't a shy person and that I had a more outgoing personality. I tell a lot of people when I get talking to them that I am rely shy and most people don't even believe me. It really is a struggle to put myself out there and fake the confidence, but (and I am pretty sure that I have said this before) fake it until you make it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that and I really think it's helped me over the last year and a bit. 

In high school I was terrified of talking in front of people and couldn't manage without turning into a tomato and having a panic attack. Now, I am a lot more confident, I can make presentations and speeches. Of course I am still freaking out on the inside, but most of that sheer horror at speaking in front of anyone is kept on the inside and I am pretty proud of myself for that!

I have a love/hate relationship with uni! I think I love the opportunities that it gives me (both now and for the future), but I am just trying to make the best out of my life because I have the power to decide what I am g0ing to make of it.

Nothing (and no one) will hold me back.

As a side note I would love to mention that I was talking to my best uni friend about being an exchange student and how much I would love it. I wish I would get the opportunity but I unfortunately don't see it happening. Oh well, a girl can dream. And what would my blog be (forever dreaming) without all of these dreams.

Until next time my beautiful followers, 
Kristelle xx

Instagram: @krristelley

No comments:

Post a Comment