Tuesday 17 March 2015

Blue Mountains, Hiking and Waterfalls

Hey everyone! I finally have another post to make and I am very excited to be writing about this because it was so much fun!

Last Saturday, true to our promise on the bucket list, Kieran and I woke up early and picked an adventure we thought we were up for that day (unfortunately it could not have anything to do with swimming because I had gotten stitches in my arm the day before and was not allowed to get them wet or do anything that would over work that arm- including working out and swimming). So we picked something 'easy' travelling to the Blue Mountains to walk some of the trails! I was extra excited that I got to cross two things off my bucket list in one go because we went on an adventure to the Mountains to go hiking and we found a waterfall (we found quite a few actually, but the bigger and better ones I wasn't coordinated, nor strong enough to climb to- especially with my weak arm). 

The first waterfall we found- small but beautiful
In the end, we ended up hiking for just over 2 hours and our legs felt like jelly by the end of it. It had recently rained, so unfortunately it was slippery and muddy but that didn't stop us. I'm not too clear on all of the names of the trails we took, but I know we started at Echo Point (where the lookout of the 3 sisters is in the Blue Mountains) and we walked around another trail towards Katoomba Falls.  

I love the things that nature can create
The day started off freezing cold, despite how hot we knew it was back home, but we were in the Mountains so it was expected. By the end of our walk, we were sweating because the temperature had jumped up about 15 degrees Celsius. 

I love this photo because we were mid-adventure, exhausted but so happy to be doing something fun together  
Doing the walk (we estimated we walked about 14km that day) left me feeling so great by the end of the day. I had been lacking in my workouts at the start of the week, so by ending the week with this exercise filled adventure, left me feeling amazing!

I am so in love with how green and lush everything was in the national park (and so in love with this boy)
Short, yet sweet post because I feel the pictures say more about the adventure than my words ever could. Keep your eyes out for more posts coming soon!

Thanks for reading, 
Stelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment