Thursday 12 March 2015

Liebster Award Nomination


Hey everyone!
So something a little different for this post today. Recently I was nominated by Jenny (The Travelling Donkey) for the Liebster Award! It is all about highlight small blogs (200 followers or less) that you think need more support. I feel pretty honoured to have received this nomination because I didn't think that 1. anyone other than a few of my friends and boyfriend read my blog, 2. anyone actually cared about my blog and 3. I thought I was just going on about stuff no one cared about! So I want to say thank you to Jenny for motivating me to continue to make the time to blog and for putting a smile on my face to show me that people actually do care about what I have to say (and the views actually aren't just my friends clicking over and over)

The rules for Liebster Award are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate another 11 bloggers (with 200 or less followers) and link them
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
5. Notify all nominees by social media/blogs

Questions received from The Travelling Donkey

1. Favourite memory?
I don't think I can choose a singular favourite memory from my life! I have too many great things to remember. I will however say that my favourite memories in the last 5 years have probably all occurred with the same person- my wonderful boyfriend Kieran. I'll give you my top 3 that come to mind when I think of Kieran. First off I think of our second anniversary when he gave me my promise ring. I thought it was so sweet and special and I cried (I tried to hide the fact I cried so now I just busted myself lol hi Kieran). Secondly, I think time we decided to go camping in Kiama (the first time) and it bucketed down with rain the entire 3 days we were there and our tent started to leak water. We couldn't buy a new tent (limited $) so we drove all around trying to find a hardware store so we could 'fix' the tent. In the end Kieran bought tarps and duct tape and made a shelter over our tent. It was hilarious and it worked. Lastly in my top 3 would be the day we got our matching tattoos because they mean a lot to both of us and it's something that is going to be there forever.

2. What is the top location in the world you would like to visit?
This is tricky because there are so many places in the world I would love to go. I know I am going to sound like such a cliche right now, but ultimate goals are to be able to travel around Europe. In particular: France, Italy, Amsterdam and Greece. But less cliche for some reason (I think it just sounds so so appealing- and Kieran wants to do this with me) I would LOVE to visit Canada. I think I change that to my top location. 

3. Why did you start blogging?
Well I have had a tumblr blog for years. But I was sort of getting over reblogging pretty pictures and wanted something more personal where I could share my thoughts and feelings, adventures and experiences and any other quirky little things I found. I enjoy writing (although I am not very good at it) and I thought it would be fun to put everything out there in the open and connect with people all over the world and let people get an insight into my life. 

4. Favourite book at the moment?
Still my favourite book at the moment has to be John Green's, Looking For Alaska. I don't know how to explain why. The book just gets me. I get it. I don't know, for someone who likes to write I seem to be horrible at putting reasons for liking things into words. A close second would be Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (highly recommend reading both of these if you never have before).

5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of you life, what would it be?
One food for the rest of my life would have to be potatoes. No clue why but they are my all time favourite food. There's just so many fun ways to enjoy potatoes. Baked, mashed, potato bake, potato salad... the list is only as limited as your imagination! 

6. Favourite song at the moment?
Favourite song would still have to be Elastic Heart- Sia. In one word, love. In multiple words, that song just makes me feel things. You know?

7. A place you go to get away from everything?
Easiest answer. My beach, my lookouts. Anywhere overlooking the ocean. Helps clear my mind and staring out into the big empty spaces lets me know that there's so much out there for me that life will always go on, no matter how bad it seems at the time. 

8. What is a weird dream you've had recently?
A lot of the time I just dream about myself eating food or my dreams are so realistic I don't know whether I'm dreaming or I'm awake and living. 

9. Who inspires you?
My mum (again a cliche agh!) but seriously she is amazing and I would be lucky to grow up (I'm sort of a grown up at the moment, 19 is still a baby in the scale of life!) and become even half the women she is. She's strong and just downright an amazing person. Love you mum

10. Who is your favourite blogger? 
I'm not sure of this one 100%, I do read lots of blogs (especially random posts I just come across in my daily internet browsing). But currently I read a lot of Kayla Itsines blog because I love all the tips and advice she gives on exercise and healthy lifestyle choices (I am a BBG girl in case anyone wanted to know!)

11. What is quote to you find inspiring?
Top two quotes that I find inspiring would have to include:
“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.”~ Elbert Hubbard. This inspires me because it reminds m that people are always going to criticise what you do/say, so if you aren't being criticised than you aren't being out there doing anything, saying anything or most importantly being anything.
“Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” ~Russell Warren. Now this inspires me to be better. That it's okay to be 'obsessed' with something, whether it be getting fit or getting good grades because it means that I am dedicated to these and it is not a bad thing. 

My Nominations:
These are the blogs that I nominate to answer my questions in a post. It took me ages to pick out these blogs because I wanted to make sure I actually enjoyed reading the posts!


My Questions for my Nominee's:
1. What is your dream career/job?
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
3. What is your ultimate holiday destination?
4. What is your all-time favourite book/genre?
5. Describe yourself in 10 words or less
6. What bands/artists do you love and what are your favourite songs by them?
7. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
8. What made you want to start blogging?
9. If you were trapped on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take and why?
10. Describe your favourite food without actually using the name of it
11. If you could spend the day with one person (dead or alive, famous or not) who would it be, why and what would you do together?

And again I would just like to thank all the people that do read my blog and a special thanks once again to Jenny for thinking my blog is awesome. 

Thanks for reading, 
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment