Tuesday 3 March 2015

Meatball Recipe

Hey everyone! So for anyone who follows my tumblr, knows me in person or watches my snapchat stories, you will have noticed that I enjoy cooking quite a lot. 

The small backstory is that every week I meal prep for my boyfriend (cooking a total of 25 meals- not 25 different meals lol) but it has given me a chance to explore my cooking skills and create new recipes as I go when he requests a meal (e.g. I want lasagne- I make up my own recipe to suit that). So with this I thought I would share recipes I create just in case anyone else out there wants to try!

Meatball Recipe
Ingredients:
- 500g lean mince
- 2 cloves garlic: crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium sized onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli (or one small red chilli chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I use the brand 'Raguletto' flavoured red wine with garlic)

The ingredients for meatballs (minus the mince because I already used it and forgot to include it in the photo!)

Method:
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly oil a baking dish
2. Place all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
3. Mix all ingredients together. This works the best if you use your hands because you can mix everything in together easier and break down the mince. If you don't want to use your hands I would recommend using a large wooden spoon. But my advice- hands work best!
4. Once all the ingredients are well combined, use hands to roll meatballs and place in baking dish. You want to try and roll the meatballs to roughly the size of a golf ball, squashing the mince together so it has less of a chance of falling apart (the egg is the best ingredient that will keep the mince 'sticky' so it will stick together easier).
Meatballs at step 4 after being rolled and placed in the tray
5. Cover the meatballs completely with the sauce of your choosing 
6. Cook in oven for about 40-50 minutes

To serve I like to use mashed potatoes and sprinkle fresh parsley and a tad of parmesan cheese on top. However they also go well with penne pasta.

Final product! They smell really good and will serve about 4 
There is my recipe! I really like making these posts so I will continue to share them along with my regular posts.

Thanks for reading,
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment