Saturday 13 June 2015

Home

Last week, I got to go home. Not the home with my bed and all my stuff, but my favourite place in the world. Even better, I got to go there with a beautiful friend of mine, who is amazing company.

It was a random decision, first brought up by her, to go there before our last day of Uni. I'm so glad we did because it was one of the best days I have had in a long time. 

Jess (the previously mentioned beautiful friend) stayed at my house after we both finished work and we were up until literally 2:30 in the morning finishing off assignments due the next day (typical). We got up nice and early the next morning though and headed off to the beach for brunch and to just chill out. 

It was a gorgeous day (thank goodness). Sun was shining, barely any breeze and it was quiet. Peaceful. My favourite. 
Sun + salt + sand = winning combination
Beautiful view of the waves breaking as we sat on the beach talking for hours
When we first arrived, we headed over to one of the local cafes for brunch because we were hungry (like I always am lol). I had a lovely Panini and a latte, Jess had avocado and tomato on rye and we also shared an acai bowl. Pretty good brunch if you ask me. This cafe is the cutest and the people are lovely. Just an awesome place to be, great vibes.
The brunch that I had half eaten before the photo was taken because I'm impatient and I was too hungry haha
After we ate, we went for a wonder down to the beach where we sat for a very long time. We spoke to some locals, then sat on the sand. Jess kept up with her vlogging (check out her YouTube channel here, she's a babe). We took photos and laughed and smiled and sat at peace with the world. I've always found that watching the waves crash is so relaxing and it just let's me keep me my mind blank and free. 
Beach pics with the lovely Jess
There isn't really much else to say about how perfect the day was. Sitting and talking with a good friend, eating good food and relaxing in my favourite place was all that was needed to make this a good day. 

Not to mention there were way too many things that went bad/wrong with the day, but it doesn't even matter because for once I was focused on the good, not the bad. (We left my house late, stayed up until 2:30am doing an assignment, I left said assignment at home and we had to go back for it, traffic, uni lecture and doing badly on a quiz, lol). 

This day ended with me going to dinner and then bowling with my bestfriend (Amber) and it  was definitely a lot of fun. I suck at bowling btw. Our first game (no bumpers) I got just over 60 and she didn't even reach 50... Anyway! It was fun and that's all that matters.

Thanks for reading, until my next post
Kristelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment