Wednesday 3 June 2015

Tapas + Thai = a Great Birthday

Hey everyone! So this post is going to be based around the fact that it was my boyfriend's mum's birthday on Monday and we did a bunch of fun stuff to celebrate (with more to come??)

It was a milestone birthday (the big 50, but I wouldn't say that to anyone who is actually turning 50 haha). To sum up this post, we have just basically done a bunch of stuff to celebrate mostly revolving around food, because well who doesn't love food?? There was also a few random (funny) things that have happened in between but I will get to that later in the post. 
Beautiful place in a beautiful location (photo from their website)
The first celebration we had was a surprise lunch in the city on Sunday. Kieran and I had bought his parents a Tapas dining voucher that they were meant to enjoy on their own for a night out (lol). Instead, it was turned into a family event (which is totally fine by me because the food was amazing). His parents, Kieran, his brother and myself went to a lovely restaurant in Sydney part of the Nick's group called 'Stacks Taverna Bar & Restaurant'. If anyone around Darling Harbour in Sydney fancies a good meal at a good price with amazing customer service, I highly recommend this place. 

We enjoyed a range of Tapas dishes (which were very well priced and the portion sizes were huge), along with a cocktail jug (yum), pizza and churros for dessert. 

You can see about 3 of the 6 tapas dishes we shared, plus we had the pizzas
On the way home, Kieran and I found a puppy and long story short we tricked his mum into thinking we brought it home and it was in the living room because "it was too cold outside". It was funny but now it's left Kieran wanting a puppy even more (I promise we will get one when we move out okay).

That evening we were too excited to wait until the next day for presents, so we gave his mum her presents early and it is safe to say we scored about 264794728 points for being amazing present givers. We got her a card saying Happy 21st (lol), a 'joke' present which Kieran can take full credit for because it's embarrassing (again, lol), a nice perfume and a knife block set which she absolutely loved. I like giving presents when people so obviously love what they got.

The next evening (Monday, her birthday) we went out for a family dinner at a Thai restaurant local to where we live. I will say, not all the food was the best and it was freezing inside because
1) they had the doors wide open
2) No heat/air conditioning was on
3) It was actually only about 8-10 degrees Celsius outside
4) Refer back to 1 and 2 because my hands were frozen 

Again, we shared about 6 dishes and rice between 6 of us and a nice bottle of bubbly. After dinner, we went back to Kieran's place for a really nice red velvet birthday cake and to sing happy birthday. His entire house smelt like flowers because there were no less than about 5 or 6 bouquets in the house. 

I had a good time this 'weekend' with his family. The jokes are funny, the food is good and I don't think I stopped laughing the entire time. His dad also found it quite amusing when I pointed out I don't hang out with my own family, only theirs. Of course Kieran has to be dorky and point out "I am family" lol. 

Thanks for reading guys and gals. 
Kristelle xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment