Monday 1 June 2015

Vivid Sydney + Clubbing?

Everyone out there who doesn't live in Sydney (most likely) will have absolutely no idea what I am talking with the title of this post. But I will do my absolute best to try and convey how beautiful the city of Sydney can actually be and give everyone here reading one amazing reason they should consider visiting Sydney in their lifetime (if you don't already live here that is haha). Sydney is beautiful.

I know a lot of people believe that were they live is boring, ugly or it really just isn't cool in any way whatsoever (because you are so used to it) but I beg to differ. There is beauty in everything if you look for it. I'm not particularly a huge fan of where I live (my actual suburb lol) but I find the city of Sydney (where I classify myself to live) beautiful, as is so much around it. If you've read my blog before you will know that I love my adventures and I love exploring new places and experiencing new things and I always try to do this and get out as much as possible. I don't like sitting at home and doing the same old things every weekend. I like new things. I never used to, but now I am accustomed to trying and enjoying (most) new experiences (or things that are different and I don't get to do too often).
Sydney Opera House for Vivid
This is no different. For those who don't know, Vivid is basically a Sydney lights festival that is held once a year during the end of May/start of June. The city is decorated beautifully and it is a great even to attend. The vibes are great.

This Saturday night just passed, I headed out into the city with a few people I love and we had a great night. The night however didn't go anything like how we had planned (which isn't even a bad thing).

The five of us (myself, Kieran, Maddie, Shiane and Jayden) went into Circular Quay with the intention of waking around enjoying Vivid and getting a meal together. It was freezing so we were all rugged up (coats, boots, jeans- the works). We stopped at the bottle shop and got some beverages (lol). I knew the city would be busy, but I didn't plan on being starving and having no idea where to eat. So one of the boys suggested we should go to Kings Cross. I was like 'uh yeah sure let's go get the pizza they have there'. We wound up catching the train to the Cross and then got our pizza. We were there, so why shouldn't we go and start drinking in a bar? So that's what we did.
Me, Kieran, Maddie and Shiane 
Kieran and myself
Then, once we were all feeling the buzz from a few drinks (and we were sick of the lame music in the bar) we headed over to one of my favourite clubs in the cross. We danced for so many hours I think I lost count. All I know is that we were having the best time and I'm so glad our night took such a random turn. There probably isn't much more I could say about the club (because what happens in the club stays in the club haha).

After we were finishing up clubbing for the night (I remember being absolutely starving which made me keen to leave haha), we went to KFC for a good feed at what I remember being about 3am. Kieran stole half our food (bulk) and then we went and caught the bus home. I definitely enjoyed standing up for almost an hour and a half while Kieran leant on my stomach and slept lol.

We arrived home around 4:30am, tired. That's the only word I had for my feelings at 4:30 in the morning. Tired. I dropped Maddie off home and then Kieran and I went straight to bed. Didn't help that it was freezing in the house because no heaters had been on because no one was home.

I'm so happy that I got to share such a fun night with such a fun bunch of people. We will definitely be at it again soon, which means I will have another blog post coming your way about a good night out!
I think that these photos tell everyone we were having a lot of fun
Thanks for reading everyone, I have a bunch of posts coming your way in the next week!
Kristelle xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment