Monday 16 February 2015

50 Shades of Grey

Starting off I would like to say, yes I "read" the book. More specifically I read about 3/4 of the first book because I could not bare to finish reading it. I didn't have high hopes for the movie. I just wanted to see it pretty much so I could say that I saw it and see what all the hype was surrounding it the '50 Shades of Grey' fandom.

My reactions during this movie ranged from:
I'm hungry
LOL
For some reason this reminds me of Twilight
I don't get it
Why did she keep going back to him
She never actually signed that contract
Why did they even keep bringing the contract up if she wasn't signing it??
Is that abuse?
Yes I think so
How did this turn people on
Bad acting
What is sexy about someone basically abusing you
Why did all the characters except for Anna and Christian disappear halfway through the movie?
Why 
If I saw a 'Red Room of Pain' I would run
Run for the hills
Nothing sexy about that
Bad choice of words
Could've phrased that better to actually sound sexy
I know why I keep thinking of Twilight
Male character who wants dominance over smaller, weaker female character
Female character thinks being controlled is sexy
Feminists all over will be going crazy over this
This is weird
Why are these people in my cinema screaming about how sexy this is
I'd like a new car
Okay the tie thing is the only normal thing so far
Where is her independence
Why does she like this!!!!
Where did his tragic backstory go?
He just seems creepy
This is all very contradictory
If he has 'singular' tastes then why does he keep doing things not in his 'tastes'
This movie doesn't make sense
Okay it's ending
Wow, okay I know there's more books but bad ending
That movie went for a reaaaaaally long time
I still don't get why it's sexy

Aaaaand that's pretty much what I thought. Mainly I am gathering that I just don't think it's as sexy as it's meant to be. A lot of people I know really enjoyed the movie and book. Personally I 1. can't enjoy the book on the simple fact that it is written horribly and I have read so many amazing books it just doesn't compete. 2. The badly written book translates straight through to the big screen and I just don't think bad books will ever make good movies. Maybe I am too critical. I would love to hear what anyone else who saw the movie/read the book thinks.

Thanks for reading,
Stelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment