Wednesday 4 February 2015

Spontaneous

I'm not quite sure why (but then again who ever knows why they make spontaneous decisions) but I have been making a few 'spur of the moment' decisions lately. Whether it was in anger, sadness or drunkess or simply 'just because I can' I've done a few things recently that I though I would like to share. 

  1. The belly piercing
  2. The plane ticket to Cambodia
  3. The random trip to the beach by myself
  4. The "lets get my life together right now"
  5. Let's buy anything (and everything) I want that I see in the shop 
Well. I'm sure some of you will look at that list and be like 'pfft no big deal' or have the other view 'umm are you crazy'. But the way I am choosing to look at it is living. Life is too short (although ironically it is the longest thing we will ever experience) to go through it worried about everything. Normally I am a very rational person and I will not make a rushed or hasty decision. Everything is well thought out (for the most part) and the most extreme thing I will normally ever do is decide I want to eat some bad food and go and get it.

I have quite literally wanted my belly button pierced since I was about 14 years old. I turn 20 this year. One morning last week I simply woke up and said to my friends, "let's go and get my belly pierced today". After 2 years of waiting to be old enough to get my belly pierced by myself (legal age is 16 without parental consent where I live) and then another 3 years of being too scared to do it, I finally did it. Yes it hurt and yes it was probably a dumb thing to do but I am happy I did it. 

The second one is a funny story. I have been wanting to go on an overseas holiday for quite some time. I have been saving up a lot of money but I am very cautious about what I spend it on. I don't know many other people my age who even think about "what about when I want to buy a house I need savings" but... that's just me. So when my bestfriend's dad asked me (when we were all slightly tipsy) if I want a ticket to Cambodia with them next year I simply said "what the hell, yes just do it". That's pretty much the whole story of how I got the ticket to Cambodia. Another decision I am quite happy with. Have to be young and reckless at some point.

Feeling lonely and sad definitely warranted a beach trip by myself. I don't think that one had much thought process other than "do I need petrol right now? No, good let's go". It was peaceful, it was nice and I got to clear my head and be alone for a while. 

I thought I was happy with my life but I have been growing tired of some aspects. My working aspect has become dull and I need a challenge in my life. More will be on this later but this is what I am working on right now (not sure if this is classified as a spontaneous decision, but I did decide I wasn't content with things so I am making a drastic change???)

Now last but not least, I am all for spoiling yourself. Just normally I wait until I have an extra large pay week before I can justify going out and spending maybe $100 or so on things for myself that are wants. But this time, no. Let's just literally buy everything that I can see that I want. And I did. And I didn't feel guilty. And I didn't check my bank balance afterwards to see how much I spent. Because it was spontaneous and I am happy.

On the most positive note I am happy to say that my spontaneous decision making is helping me to achieve things I actually want to cross off my bucket list for the Summer. I am proud of myself.

Thanks for reading,
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment