Friday 6 February 2015

University 2015

So even though I am not a fan of doing homework, assignments or studying (who really is??) I am a fan of expanding my mind and gaining new knowledge and furthering my education. This is why am I excited to go back to university this year (I am not 100% certain whether excited is the right word I want to use, but it will have to do).

I have finished enrolling in the classes I will be taking in both semester 1 and semester 2 this year and I thought I would make a little post about what I am choosing to do and why. So if you would like to know, read on!

Semester 1
- HRM107: Introduction to Human Resources
- ISYS100: IT & Society
- PHL137: Critical Thinking 
- MKTG204: Integrated Marketing Communications

Semester 2
- BBA111: Organisational Behaviour
- BBA220: Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management
- BUS201: Introduction to Global Business
- HRM250: Human Resource Management

Why these classes?
- HRM107: I'm considering a double major in Marketing and Human Resources, so I need to take the foundation Human Resources classes (plus I enjoy Human Resources)
- ISYS100: At my uni we have to choose some random classes outside our faculty of study (mine is the Faculty of Business and Economics) so I chose this computer class in all honesty because it looked interesting and not overly challenging
- PHL137: I feel strange about taking a 'Philosophy' class because in all honesty I don't see the point of 'questioning' everything. But hey, the point of these classes is to expand upon my horizons and open myself up to new things. Also there isn't a final exam
- MKTG204: Marketing is my major and this was one of the options I could choose between for classes. I decided that this coursework looked the most interesting and I would enjoy this class the most (I almost chose marketing management, but this looked better)
- BBA111: Same as HRM107, its a foundation Human Resources class
- BBA220: I'm interested in entrepreneurship and I think this class could teach me some valuable things if I was to ever open my own business in the future. If not, it seems like some useful knowledge to have
- BUS201: Coursework looked interesting and I feel I would benefit from learning about international business as I very well may have to work in something relating to this one day and I wanted to expand on the basic knowledge that I currently already have
- HRM250: Continuing with my interest in Human Resources, I feel a Human Resource Management class would be useful to teach me skills I may need in the workplace if I find a job in Human Resources in the future. 

I enjoy business. For some strange reason I also enjoy structured essay writing. I am good at it (my English teachers would be proud I admit that because I despised English in high school, despite toping the grade. I hope this is a good year at uni and I can walk away from it knowing I gave 150%, learnt a lot of valuable knowledge and have enjoyed what I studied. 

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions, feel free to comment or message me on my Tumblr blog!
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment