Monday 2 February 2015

Motorbike riding and Rodeoing?

Anyone who knows me will know that I am a bit of a princess. Not in the sense that I sit around and expect everyone to do everything for me (I am a hard worker and do almost everything for myself), but I am not a huge fan of getting 'dirty' and doing activities that involve that. I love the beach. That is the one true place I will call my home and I will go far enough to say that I belong there. I like that there are wide open spaces, water and it's peaceful. But at the same time I appreciate that all I have to deal with is sand and then sun and that I am still extremely close to the city and the area is.. populated. 

What I was not prepared for, was a weekend away in the bush (aka. the middle of nowhere to me). There was no phone reception, no electricity (everything ran off gas), wide open spaces, lots of trees and dirt and only being able to have a 3 minute or less shower (any girls who care lots about washing their hair and taking their time would feel my pain at this). But as I am all one for new experiences and adventures (and to stick to saying yes more instead of no, I sucked it up, packed a backpack and went for the weekend adventure. 

I rode on the backs of motorbikes, I rode a quad bike, drank alcohol. I didn't wash my hair for three days, I ate the biggest chicken snitzel I have ever seen. I did the dishes, I read books, I sat around and watched the riding of motorbikes (no one warns you how much your bum will actually hurt afterwards). And strangest of all things... I went to the rodeo.

New experiences all around but I am honestly surprised to say how much of a good weekend I had. I gave it the chance but I honestly didn't expect it to be so much fun. That was a typical bogan weekend (or I see it as one anyway). But it was fun and I'm glad I had the experience. 

Bucket hat selfies at the rodeo 
This is what a rodeo looks like, lots of horses and bulls and baby cows and sheep. Oh it also smells sort of funky because of that

I should mention that this weekend was the Australia Day long weekend, so yes this post is a tad delayed. I don't even know why. And although there is no photographic evidence of me on bikes I promise I rode them (the GoPro died and my motorbike outfit aka boyfriends trackies and an old T-shirt was definitely not cute). 

Thanks for reading,
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment