Thursday 26 February 2015

Minion Cupcakes

So today I spent a few hours baking. Fun fact about me- I love to bake and cook! I find it relaxes me and well you do end up with some pretty good tasting food at the end!

I thought I would share my minion cupcake recipe with you all in case any of you wanted to try it out! *I made this recipe myself, I usually would throw a bunch of ingredients together until I got something that worked, and this is what I have figured out works*

Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 cup milk
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 
1 cup caster sugar
200g butter (soft)
chocolate chips

Decoration:
white mini marshmallows
500g box white fondant
yellow food colouring
chocolate chips
sugar/water paste (2 parts sugar, 1 part hot water)
black icing pen

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius & line a tray with muffin papers
2. Combine butter, vanilla essence & sugar in a bowl. Mix with electric mixer until combined
3. Add eggs one at a time and then continue to mix
4. Add half the flour and half the milk and continue mixing. Then add the rest of the flour and milk and mix until a smooth consistency and all ingredients are combined. (The mixture should be thick, not runny). I add the chocolate chips here once it is all mixed together

Mixture combined (before adding chocolate chips)
 5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through (I usually check with a skewer in the middle cupcake on the tray to see if they are cooked the whole way through aka. the skewer comes out clean with no mixture on it. If it comes out with mixture, they cook for another 5 mins and then they should be ready)
Cooked cupcakes (if the surface is too uneven, cut the top off to flatten it)
6. Let the cupcakes cool down completely before decorating
7. Once cool, you will need to knead the fondant until it is smooth. You then add a few drops of yellow food colouring (to however dark/light you would like the yellow to be) and knead the colour through the fondant
8. Then you will roll out the fondant with a rolling pin and cut the appropriate size circle out to cover the top of the cupcakes (I used a glass that was roughly the same size as the cupcakes to cut my circles out)
9. Cover each cupcake with a thin layer of yellow fondant. I like to try and use the back of a spoon to smooth it over and get rid of finger bumps if I can
Fondant covered cupcakes (before being smoothed over with a spoon)
10. Make the sugar/water paste by mixing 2 parts sugar and 1 part hot water. This will act as your glue for the marshmallows and chic chips. 
11. "Glue" marshmallows for eyes, chocolate chips for eyeballs and then draw on a black line for the minion goggles and a mouth. 
12. You now have mini minion cupcakes!
My final product! They were a bit rushed so not perfect, but they taste amazing

There's my recipe and tips everyone! If I were to make these again I probably would have used regular sized marshmallows simply because I like bigger eyes. The cupcake recipe itself tastes amazing and the decoration is just for something fun. I made these for my boyfriends birthday (which  is tomorrow and he is 19 lol) so I hope he likes them!

Thanks for reading, 
Stelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment